If you were watching telly in the 80s and 90s and you lived in the United Kingdom, then Bullseye is a television series you will most likely be familiar with. Re-runs of the show can be found on Challenge seemingly every day, but there is another way in which players[Read More…]
Darts betting is often considered a niche market for sports betting fans. While football, rugby, motorsports and other events often grab the attention of most bettors, it is usually only punters with a love of the game who bet on darts. If you haven’t tried your hand at darts betting yet, you’re missing out. This is how betting on darts online works.
Darts betting at mBet:
You can play the “Bullseye” and “Darts Heroes” slots at Hello Casino:
Types of Darts Bets
Any major bookie which is offering bets on darts will usually provide a variety of bets. Sportsbooks which specialise in darts betting will carry more different types of bets and markets than those sites which scarcely cover the sport. Before wagering on darts, it is essential that you understand the types of markets open to you. The most commonly found darts bets online include:
- Match Bets: The most basic type of darts bet, a match bet involves on choosing the winner of a game of darts. That’s all there is to it, really.
- Outright Bets: By contrast, outright betting involves choosing the winner of a tournament or competition.
- Tournament Bets: As well as placing outright bets on tournaments, punters also have the option of betting on a darts player to progress to a specific round. This is sometimes known as quarter-betting.
- Over/Under Bets: Over and under betting is commonplace in darts. With an over bet, you are essentially wagering that a darts player will win over “X” matches. Conversely, the under bet involves wagering that the game will end in under “X” matches. For instance, if you bet on “Over 4.5” sets, then the game needs to involve five sets being played to be a winning bet.
- Handicap Bets: Players can also bet on handicaps. Handicaps will be familiar to American bettors. Handicaps bets attempt to eradicate favourites and underdogs. For instance, if you have a player to win with a -2.5 handicap, then that player must win 3 matches to zero for the bet to land.
- 180 Bets: Punters can also wager money on how many 180s a player will land in a match. A similar bet involves wagering on the player with the highest checkout. These may appear as over/under bets, too, and often come with high odds.
- In-Play Bets: Live in-play betting is possible with darts. However, owing to how rapidly the game is played, bettors need to be fast and, on their toes, when wagering. Some permit players to cash out early. The types of live in-play bets which are available vary from site to site.
Major Darts Competitions
As well as knowing which darts bets are open to you, it also helps to have a good understanding of the types of competitions that are out there. Here are a few of the bigger and more prominent ones.
- World Championships: Held every year in December and January. It is played in London and features the world’s best players.
- Premier League of Darts: This 16-week tournament is played between February and May across the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands.
- World Grand Prix: The World Grand Prix is held in October in Ireland. A total of 32 worldwide players compete in this event.
- The Masters: First held in 2013, the Masters is held in England in late January and February. It features the top 16 darts players in the world.
- World Series of Darts: The World Series of Darts takes place in various cities and countries each year. Held in November, this is rapidly becoming a popular tournament to bet on amongst darts fans.
Of course, there are plenty of other regional, national and international darts competitions, leagues and tournaments to have a punt on, too. Which ones are available for you to wager on depends on the sportsbook you choose to play at.
Where to Bet on Darts Online
The next step before you wager on darts is finding somewhere to play. You are spoilt for choice when it comes to this. Most major online sportsbooks provide punters with the opportunity to wager on darts. Again, the array of markets open to you depends on the size and quality of the online bookie you sign up to. Not all online sportsbooks offer live streaming or in-play bets when it comes to darts. However, most of the more recognisable, world-famous sportsbooks do.
When choosing an online bookie to wager on darts, it is ideal to pick a site which offers a wide variety of sporting events. Moreover, you’re going to want adjustable odds. Sometimes, specific bets work better when you adjust the odds format.
It is also worth checking out the promotions and bonuses at sportsbooks. Some may have special offers related to darts betting, and you’ll want to take full advantage of those. At the same time, if you fancy a flutter at other sports, make sure that your sportsbook offers those bets, too.
Lastly – and this should go without saying – make sure that your chosen sportsbook is licensed, regulated and legal in the country you reside in.
Darts Betting Tips
If you’re ready to start betting on darts, there is just one thing left to cover – tips. It certainly won’t hurt to pay attention to these few handy hints and tips.
Firstly, darts bettors should make sure they watch games and pay attention to statistics. These might help you get a feeling for who is likely to win a tournament or a match. If you want a little reassurance, it can help to identify tipsters who specialise in darts betting.
Players should also sign up to several bookmakers. By doing so, darts fans can compare the odds at several online sportsbooks. This will give them several options when it comes to placing bets with the most favourable odds.
Lastly, it is not advisable to bet on far-flung tournaments you know little about. Only stick to betting on competitions (and players) you are familiar with. It may be tempting to wager money on an underdog, but it is far safer to go with what you know.
18+ Gamble Responsibly – Terms and Conditions Apply
Before you accept any bonus at any online bookmaker or online casino – please remember that Terms and Conditions Apply.
Always carefully read the full Bonus Terms and Conditions as well as the General Terms and Conditions before signing up.
BeGambleAware = https://www.begambleaware.org/
Betting on darts events is bigger than ever thanks to the sport growing in popularity all over the world. The sport has become a massive spectator event from championship to championship, with big names having helped to popularise what has otherwise been known as a humble pub game across the[Read More…]
Darts-themed slots generally all follow the same design. Much of the imagery found in each release is similar, too. However, with Darts Heroes, Stakelogic has managed to come up with something totally revolutionary and new. Their darts slot is quite unlike anything that has preceded it and is borderline themed[Read More…]
Betting on sport is a favourite pastime for people all around the world, and darts continues to prove more and more popular with each passing competition. Sports like football and horse racing remain as the most popular sports to place bets on, though there is immense value to be found[Read More…]
UK gambling regulations are amongst the most flexible and favourable of any country in the world. Regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, British online bookmakers and casinos are made to adhere to a strict set of rules to offer services to players in the country. Of course, there is always[Read More…]
The United Kingdom has probably the strictest online gambling regulator in the world. In theory this should mean that UK betting sites are the safest of all to play at. Hopefully one day soon the UKGC will get everything right and it will be true that UK betting sites (and[Read More…]
Darts fans favourite the Grand Slam kicks off in just over a couple of weeks time in Wolverhampton. The 2011 tournament will see a new sponsor, more details below and of course DartsMad will be running another Beat The Tipster competition in association with our own new sponsors Bulls Darts[Read More…]
We’ve given up trying to predict this tournament, except to say that Phil Taylor will win it. So put you money elsewhere..! Two of Brendan Dolan (250/1), John Henderson (125/1), Mark Hylton (125/1) and Richie Burnett (150/1) will definitely be in the semis and outside of that quartet did anybody[Read More…]
At the eleventh hour PartyPoker were confirmed as title sponsors for the 2011 World Grand Prix. In this age of austerity are the PDC struggling to find sponsors for their major events? It appears so but with PartyPoker in place everything is set for the usual tumultuous week of darts[Read More…]
Darts is a very interesting game which can be enjoyed by people of any age, gender or skill set. That’s why, it is a very popular game enjoyed by millions across the world. However, many people still have the perception that it is played in pubs by beer drinking people[Read More…]